Supporting Our Work
Thanks to the generous support of our donors, funders, sponsors and volunteers, Nexus Youth and Families has impacted thousands of lives since its inception in 1973. But the needs are still growing:
– Financial pressures are forcing more families south, straining resources and uprooting families from familiar neighborhoods.
– Young adults face an unemployment rate more than twice the overall rate. They represent one-third of the unemployed labor force across the U.S., according to campaignforyouth.org.
– Increased mobility along critical transportation corridors means access to drugs and the risk of trafficking has increased significantly.
– Populations from other countries find homes here but struggle. They need tools like ours but encounter barriers in their search for help.
In addition to government grants and contracts, Nexus Youth and Families relies on private donations to maintain its staff and keep operations running efficiently. Your contribution ensures that we can continue to address the growing concerns our community faces.
For more information on ways to give, contact Michael Jackson, Development Director.
Michael A. Jackson, MBA
There are many ways to get involved!
– Donate things in need. Gifts in-kind help provide supplies needed to support homeless youth and youth in crisis.
– Arrange for your workplace to match your financial contributions to Nexus
– Participate in community programs that give back
– Volunteer your time
– Attend one of our annual fundraising events!